How to Write an Effective Resume :Jobs Near Me
“Greatness starts with a clear vision of future.”
We are living in a highly competitive world where getting the right kind of job is very difficult. So writing a good resume is the first step towards your destination. It is the first document that will introduce the jobseeker to the potential employer, so the first impression should be good.
Difference between resume and CVA resume is always shorter than a CV. Resume has to be precise and it should not exceed two pages . Resume is a short summary of your qualification and experience whereas Curriculum Vitae is detailed and can run into more than two pages.
Tailor your resume to fit the openingsYour resume should catch the immediate attention of the recruiter. Never frame one resume and send to different openings. Design your resume from the perspective of an employer. Your resume should be a blend of hard and soft skills. Hard Skills – The domain knowledge, qualification, any kind of training, internship , all come under the ambit of hard skills. Soft Skills are your personality traits. It includes confidence, communication skills, leadership qualities, team building, gender sensitivity and many more.
Steps to write a resume1.Doing a self -assessment
- Enlist your strengths, your soft skills. There are some generic personality traits which are required by all the recruiters like honesty, loyalty, leadership, team spirit.
- Make a list of the courses and trainings done. Enlist the seminars and the workshops attended.
- Enlist the achievements. Your achievements will exhibit your strong will power and determination.
- Researching the company
- Sell yourself in the job market stating the benefits of hiring you.
Parts of Resume
- Name: Write your name in bold, do not underline.
- Address: Your address should be clearly mentioned. Include your email address too. Ensure that the email id is formal, not like email@example.com. This kind of email looks highly informal. Include your telephone number.
- Career objective
Never sound needy. Show that you will contribute to the growth of organization.Wrong: To obtain a position that will allow me to grow professionally. Right: An entry- level position in sales department where strong leadership and good communication skills are needed.
- Educational Qualification. Use reverse chronological order. It means to mention the recent ones first. Mention the year, grades with your majors and minors.
- Experience: Write this too in reverse chronological order. Mention the name of employer, position and the year.
- Achievements : It can include name in Dean’s list, scholarships, grants, prizes, nominations etc.
- Summary of skills: Mention your strengths. It can be a blend of hard and soft skills.
- Hobbies: Mention the hobbies that really interests you. Do not write, love reading books if you do not read books.
- Write concisely and vigorously